Veteran center not losing steam
Mark Messier, who began his career before many current NHL players were born, is having a rebirth this year.
Messier, who will turn 43 on Jan. 18, began his career before many current NHL players were born and is having a rebirth this year much like some of the vintage jerseys that have come back in style.
The current NHL offensive player of the week is on pace for 27 goals, which would be his most since he scored 36 in 1996-97. His 23 points, which are tied for fourth on the Rangers, would translate to 49 points and the most since he recorded 67 in 2000-01.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New York Rangers Discover Blue Half-Zip Pullover Jacket