Veteran center not losing steam
Mark Messier, who began his career before many current NHL players were born, is having a rebirth this year.
Messier, who will turn 43 on Jan. 18, began his career before many current NHL players were born and is having a rebirth this year much like some of the vintage jerseys that have come back in style.
The current NHL offensive player of the week is on pace for 27 goals, which would be his most since he scored 36 in 1996-97. His 23 points, which are tied for fourth on the Rangers, would translate to 49 points and the most since he recorded 67 in 2000-01.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
- Leafs, defenseman Franson avoid arbitration
- Rangers agree to terms with vet Stempniak
- Kulikov signs 3-year deal to stay with Panthers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs New York Rangers 'Man Cave' Street Sign