Veteran center not losing steam
Mark Messier, who began his career before many current NHL players were born, is having a rebirth this year.
Messier, who will turn 43 on Jan. 18, began his career before many current NHL players were born and is having a rebirth this year much like some of the vintage jerseys that have come back in style.
The current NHL offensive player of the week is on pace for 27 goals, which would be his most since he scored 36 in 1996-97. His 23 points, which are tied for fourth on the Rangers, would translate to 49 points and the most since he recorded 67 in 2000-01.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New York Rangers Travel 'n Training Stadium Series Grey Hoodie