Joseph's play causing dilemma
Curtis Joseph has been a consummate team player for a team that twice put him on waivers.
While Detroit marched to the top of the Western Conference standings despite numerous injuries to key players, Joseph calmly provided solid goaltending. He's been a consummate team player for a team that twice put him on waivers and has been trying to dump him since Dominik Hasek unretired in the summer.
He's playing just like the Red Wings expected he would when they signed him to a three-year, $24 million contract with an option in the summer of 2002.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Detroit Red Wings Red Fleece Gloves