Pats D should be able to contain McNair & Co.
In a stunning break from form, Tennessee topped Baltimore in last week's AFC wild card game behind an unrelenting run game and in spite of QB Steve McNair, who threw three interceptions. McNair, who has been playing -- and winning -- despite his usual cornucopia of injuries, obviously deserves some slack. Trouble is, the road only gets rockier at New England.
The Patriots are money in Foxboro, and their crafty blitzing and mixed coverages are hell on quarterbacks everywhere. Worse yet, the Titans haven't held up all that well against opponents with the receiver depth to spread out their secondary. QB Tom Brady has thrown TDs to eight different receivers this season, and the Pats have been masterful in exploiting match-ups.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Tennessee Titans 2-Piece Logo Rocks Glass Set