Manning should exploit Chiefs' D
The Colts have been a bit unpredictable at times, but QB Peyton Manning is coming off a brilliant performance, and the Chiefs' defense is a shambles that seems to only grow worse as the weeks pass.
RB Edgerrin James figures to carry a greater share of the load this week, but he also will set up Manning and the Colts' passing game for play-action opportunities and help create man-to-man matchups on the perimeter by drawing eight- and perhaps some nine-man fronts.
Trouble is, Indianapolis likely will have to resort to similar tactics when RB Priest Holmes and the Chiefs' offense take the field. Holmes also gives Kansas City versatility, further enhancing the effectiveness of one of the league's top passing attacks.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Kansas City Chiefs Red League 9Forty Adjustable Hat