Nashville looks to continue mastery
The Predators are 3-0 against the Wings and without those six points they'd be near the bottom of the standings.
- If it weren't for the Detroit Red Wings, this would be another lost season for the Nashville Predators.
With 42 points Nashville is tied with Los Angeles for seventh in the Western Conference and on track for the team's first playoff appearance in its sixth season in the NHL.
The Predators (18-14-4-2) are 3-0 against the Red Wings so far this season and without those six points they'd be down near the bottom of the conference standings again. More importantly, each victory over Detroit showed the low-budget Predators that they could compete with an elite, Stanley Cup contending team with the highest payroll in the league.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- GMs debate OT rules, goalies, video replay
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Nashville Predators 2013 Center Ice Collection Authentic Elite Blue Fleece Hoodie
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs