Give 'em Hellas
Can you picture these guys playing baseball for Greece in the Olympics? Hey, all you need is a little talent and an ancestor who left Athens on a Westbound steamer.
Originally Published: January 5, 2004By Jim Caple | ESPN The Magazine
- Once upon a time, before there was gray in his goatee, righthander Clint Zavaras was a top prospect for the Seattle Mariners. He made his major league debut in 1989 against Nolan Ryan, which was unfortunate. The Express fired a one-hitter, handing Zavaras the first of his six career losses. By 1994, with one win to his credit, he was done.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com