Philadelphia loses big-play threat
The Eagles' rode to the Super Bowl will be much bumpier with Brian Westbrook standing on the sidelines.
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said team doctors were leaning toward operating now, but Westbrook wants to play in the postseason and is visiting specialists to see if that's even a remote possibility. But it's extremely unlikely that he'll see the field before next season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Philadelphia Eagles 3-Piece Grill Tool Set