Buffalo slowly making progress
Buffalo's impressive defensive performance have the Sabres pointed in the right direction.
- BUFFALO, N.Y. -- When your team has sunk to 26th overall and finally won its second game of the month Friday, it's a struggle to be positive while the season is in danger of disintegrating before your eyes.
So after Buffalo defeated Carolina 3-1 Friday night at HSBC Arena to improve its December record to 2-7-1, Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff took the glass-is-half-full approach."I told the team after the game we have the same number of wins now as the Boston Bruins, who came out and played tremendous hockey early in the year but have hit a tough spot, too," Ruff said. "At the same time I think we have the same number of wins as the New York Rangers, so there's room to move up."REUTERS/Jim YoungJean-Pierre Dumont has been part of a dynamic line.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
- B's tame Panthers, season-best streak at 5
- Stars call up goalie with Lehtonen in limbo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- CCM Buffalo Sabres Team-Colored Vintage Icicle Knit Scarf
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs