Can Griffin and the Nets help each other?
Can the troubled Eddie Griffin help the Nets on the quest to turn their disappointing season around? NBA Insider Chad Ford breaks down the Nets, Cavs, Bulls and Grizzlies in his Week 9 review.
- A free-agent frenzy in December? That's what went down over the weekend as six teams -- the Nets, Knicks, Pistons, 76ers, Magic and Raptors -- duked it out for the right to sign former Rocket Eddie Griffin.
That's right, the guy the Rockets released after spending the past two months in a rehab clinic. That's right, the guy who's charged with aggravated assault for allegedly shooting a gun at his girlfriend. That's right, the guy who was busted in April for marijuana possession.
But hey, he's 22, stands at 6-foot-10, jumps out of the gym, rebounds like madman and can shoot the NBA 3. So all is forgiven. Right?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Cavs honor 'terrific human being' Ilgauskas
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Bucks' Mayo banned 1 game for hit to throat
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index