Georgia Tech vs. Tulsa
- Editor's note: Football Scouts, Inc., breaks down the match-ups in all 28 college bowls games, exclusively for ESPN Insider.
Why to watch
Tulsa underwent one of the best turnarounds in the country this season and will be playing in their first bowl game since 1991. The Golden Hurricane ripped off an 8-4 record after finishing the previous two seasons with a combined 2-21 mark. The 2003 season also marks the first winning campaign for Tulsa in 12 years. The seven-win difference between this season and last is the biggest difference in college football. Getting to a bowl and taking on Georgia Tech is a testimony to the effort of their players, but also to first-year Head Coach Steve Kragthorpe, who was recognized as a national semi-finalist for the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award. The Hurricane won their final five games en route to a second-place finish in the Western Athletic Conference behind 18th-ranked Boise State.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
- Gay ND tennis player: Support overwhelming
- BYU's Mahoney tosses no-hitter vs. Nicholls St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet