Are the Kings better without Webber?
Are the Kings and Grizzlies actually better off without Chris Webber and Jason Williams?
- A big injury to a star player can turn even the best of teams into bottom feeders. But that's not exactly true this year. A few teams -- the Kings and Grizzlies come to mind -- are actually playing better without a key player.
Of course, that leads us to the obvious bar room debate -- are the Kings better off without Chris Webber? Would the Grizzlies be smart just to leave Jason Williams on the injured list for the next few months? Are there other teams out there that might be better if one of their top players stayed on the IL?
Insider breaks down the NBA at Week 8, including five teams that may be better off without an injured star; the second coming of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade; Donald Sterling's big payoff and one big reason why it may be too early to write off the Magic just yet.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- D'Antoni, Lakers' brass talk state of team
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves 3-Stripe Black Track Jacket
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index