Thorn taking responsibility for Nets' woes
Nets president Rod Thorn has been too busy trying to put out fires than worry about his own job security.
"I am not trying to be a martyr here," Thorn said in the New York Daily News. "I am just telling you facts: Blame or credit for player personnel moves are laid at my doorstep. (And) Byron is the coach. I have supported Byron since he has been here. I will support him as long as he is the coach. I expect him to be the coach."
This is just the latest example of fire fighting Thorn has had to perform over the last year or so as the Nets have gone from two-time Eastern Conference champs to just another 12-12 team in the weakest division in the league.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Brook Lopez Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey