Top contenders have major issues
It's been a long time since teams this flawed have been held in such high esteem heading into the postseason.
Both teams have endured numerous injuries to key players and still managed to win on Sundays, and because of that, Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are legitimate Coach of the Year candidates. Plus, both teams have two of the league's best quarterbacks and are getting healthier as the season comes to a close.
However, such factors have blinded pundits and oddsmakers to the glaring weaknesses of both teams. It's been a long time since teams this flawed have been held in such high esteem heading into the postseason. The two most vital qualities necessary to win in the playoffs are being able to run the ball and being able to stop the other team from doing the same. The Pats and Eagles are severely deficient in at least one of those categories.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New England Patriots Navy Clean-Up Adjustable Hat