Garciaparra may be headed to Chicago
Should the A-Rod/Ramirez deal go through, Boston will ship Nomar Garciaparra to Chicago for Magglio Ordonez.
There is a marked contrast in the salaries and durations of contracts in the two deals. Between them, Rodriguez and Ramirez are owed $275 million and are under contract for another dozen years. On the other hand, Garciaparra and Ordonez are owed a little less than ten percent of that amount and each have one year left on their contracts. Newsday writes that the White Sox are confident they can get Garciaparra inked to a long-term deal.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth New York Yankees A-Rod #13 Navy T-Shirt