Fresno State vs. UCLA
Why to watch
The 2003 Silicon Valley Bowl represents a Civil War scenario, as northern California's Fresno State will be making its fourth consecutive appearance in this bowl, but this time against Southern Californian neighbor UCLA. The Bulldogs beat Georgia Tech 30-21 in last year's game. In history, Fresno State has gone head-to-head with UCLA six times -- losing all six of those on the Bruins home turf. Although Fresno State finished tied for second in the WAC, all five of the Bulldogs' losses were against teams going to bowl games, including BCS No. 1 Oklahoma and No. 8 Tennessee.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- Obama honors college athletes at White House
- Two ordered to trial in death of baseball player
- Trio combine for first Bama no-hitter since '42
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Top of the World Men's UCLA Bruins True Blue Premium One-Fit Flex Hat