Naval Academy vs. Texas Tech
- Editor's note: Football Scouts, Inc., breaks down the match-ups in all 28 college bowls games, exclusively for ESPN Insider.
Why to watch
The 2003 EV1.net Houston Bowl will be the first-ever meeting between Navy and Texas Tech, and just the sixth time that Navy has played an opponent from the Big 12. The contrasting styles of these two teams make this one of the most intriguing bowl matchups of the season. In this battle of old school versus new school, Navy will take its top-ranked rushing attack that averages 326 yards per contest against the nation's most explosive passing offense led by QB B.J. Symons, who set an NCAA record this year by throwing for 5,336 yards.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- Trio combine for first Bama no-hitter since '42
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
- Gay ND tennis player: Support overwhelming
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Texas Tech Red Raiders Red Football Charged Cotton T-Shirt