Clemson vs. Tennessee
- Editor's note: Football Scouts, Inc., breaks down the match-ups in all 28 college bowls games, exclusively for ESPN Insider.
Why to watch
The 36th annual Peach Bowl, which for the first time in its history will be played on Jan. 2nd, features two of the hottest teams in the country, as Tennessee and Clemson had a combined record of 10-1 dating back to Oct. 25th. Tigers head coach Tommy Bowden was sitting on one of the "hottest" seats in college football in early November, but his team's three-game winning streak to finish the season, including a win over his father Bobby Bowden and rival Florida State, was so impressive that it led Clemson administration to extend his contract. Phillip Fulmer has gone through a tumultuous year of his own as a result of a two-game skid in the middle of the season and some off-the-field rumors concerning NCAA violations, but it was nothing that a six-game winning streak to finish the season couldn't cure.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- Obama honors college athletes at White House
- Trio combine for first Bama no-hitter since '42
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM