Pittsburgh vs. Virginia
Why to watch
After dropping two early non-conference games to Toledo and Notre Dame, the Panthers' senior-laden team "circled the wagons" and reeled off four-consecutive wins against Big East opponents, including an upset over Virginia Tech. Even after losing at West Virginia the following week, the Panthers controlled their destiny in their regular-season finale against Miami, but failed to capitalize on what could have been a conference title and BCS bowl bid. Instead, the Panthers, who finished third in the Big East, are stuck playing in a Dec. 27th bowl game against Virginia, which also disappointed in 2003 with a fourth-place finish in the ACC.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ohio St. fires band director in harassment probe
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Pitt Panthers Full-Size Autograph Football