New Mexico vs. Oregon State
- Editor's note: Football Scouts, Inc., breaks down the match-ups in all 28 college bowls games, exclusively for ESPN Insider.
Why to watch
New Mexico will face the Beavers from Oregon State on Christmas Eve in a Mountain West/Pac 10 matchup that marks the eighth bowl appearance for both teams. The Lobos return to Sam Boyd Stadium for the second consecutive year and are itching for a chance at redemption after falling to UCLA in the 2002 Las Vegas Bowl. In order to do so, Oregon State, which finished the season with a 7-4 mark and will be playing in its fourth bowl game in five years, will have to beat a New Mexico team that is on a roll. The Lobos won seven of their last eight games to qualify for bowl contention and will make a consecutive bowl appearance for the first time in 57 years. The Lobos and Beavers have only met on two occasions, the last of which took place in '00 when Oregon State edged New Mexico 28-20 in Albuquerque.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
- Gay ND tennis player: Support overwhelming
- BYU's Mahoney tosses no-hitter vs. Nicholls St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football