Canucks captain leads the way
Markus Naslund showed heart, talent and great instincts against the lowly Penguins.
The conventional wisdom was against risking a longer-term injury against a cupcake opponent with still more than 50 games left in the season. But after a strong practice Monday and the early skate Tuesday morning, Naslund felt he was ready to go. Fortunately for the Canucks (15-7-4-2), Naslund gave a better diagnosis than thousands of armchair trainers because the lowly Penguins didn't play like cupcakes at GM Place.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Vancouver Canucks Cue Rack