Canucks captain leads the way
Markus Naslund showed heart, talent and great instincts against the lowly Penguins.
The conventional wisdom was against risking a longer-term injury against a cupcake opponent with still more than 50 games left in the season. But after a strong practice Monday and the early skate Tuesday morning, Naslund felt he was ready to go. Fortunately for the Canucks (15-7-4-2), Naslund gave a better diagnosis than thousands of armchair trainers because the lowly Penguins didn't play like cupcakes at GM Place.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Vancouver Canucks Rogers Arena Signature Rink Photo