Flames burning up the charts
Jarome Iginla has shown more passion lately while adding some nastiness.
Calgary has won four games in a row and has points in 10 consecutive games (7-0-1-2) to climb into a tie with Los Angeles for fifth with 30 points, just four behind conference co-leaders Colorado and Vancouver heading into Monday's action. The Flames (13-8-1-3) also have played one fewer game than the Avalanche and two fewer than the Canucks.
With all due respect to Shean Donovan's nine goals in the past six games, Calgary is making its move because Jarome Iginla has been playing with more purpose. The Flames captain and best player leads his team with 19 points in 25 games and has four goals in the past four games after scoring just once in 12 games during November.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Calgary Flames Mitch Red T-Shirt