Garciaparra trade becoming reality
The Alex Rodriguez-for-Manny Ramirez trade would make Nomar Garciaparra expendable.
Why? Because as good as he is -- and he's Hall of Fame good -- the Red Sox have a chance to get somebody who's even better while at the same time removing a financial and emotional thorn in their side. The proposed Alex Rodriguez-for-Manny Ramirez trade appears to be very much in the works and that would make the honeymooning Nomar expendable.
Naturally, this has his agent, Arm Tellem, angry. "After all Nomar has done from the first day he stepped on the field for the Red Sox, to wake up on his honeymoon to read the paper and to see that John Henry is in direct talks with A-Rod is a total and complete slap in the face to Nomar," he told Shira Springer of the Boston Globe.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Boston Red Sox 2013 American League Champions Roster T-Shirt