Chicago won't pull plug on season
Chicago GM Bob Pulford still believes the Blackhawks can compete for the eighth and last playoff spot.
"To a fan, I know it's hard to swallow," Pulford told Chicago media, including the Arlington Daily Herald, Thursday. "But that's where we are. Maybe it's going to take a year.
"It's hard when you lose not to be annoyed, but I always felt when I coached that if you got the effort, that's all you can ask for. We're getting the effort. We've lost a lot of one-goal games and we've lost in overtime. This team is not as bad as its (6-13-4-3) record."
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Chicago Blackhawks Duncan Keith #2 Player Replica Black T-Shirt