Expos banking on Rivera, Johnson
The acquisition of Javier Vazquez could prove to be one of the monumental trades in Yankee history.
- Jim: Is there an anti-Yankees conspiracy afoot? Well,
the obvious answer is, "yes." Let's look at the
recent trades involving the only real chip that the
Yanks have, Nick Johnson.
First there was the potential trade with Arizona. I'd consider Johnson for Curt Schilling a fair trade, because you're getting a cheap, budding star for an older, established star. Then the D-Backs turn around and say they want Alfonso Soriano too? Are they on crack? And then, they turn around and trade him to Boston for a bunch of donkey crap (or at least nothing of note.)
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Hamels: Arm 'really good' after pen session
- O's Wieters out several days with ankle sprain
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico New York Yankees Laser Tag Plate