Expos banking on Rivera, Johnson
The acquisition of Javier Vazquez could prove to be one of the monumental trades in Yankee history.
- When the Red Sox and Yankees catch a cold, the nation reaches for their tissues and there was a lot of sneezing going on this week to beat the old Walter O'Malley/National League metaphor into the ground. With both New York and Boston involved in major deals for front-line pitchers, MLB Insider readers had a lot to say about the goings on.
- Jim: Is there an anti-Yankees conspiracy afoot? Well,
the obvious answer is, "yes." Let's look at the
recent trades involving the only real chip that the
Yanks have, Nick Johnson.
First there was the potential trade with Arizona. I'd consider Johnson for Curt Schilling a fair trade, because you're getting a cheap, budding star for an older, established star. Then the D-Backs turn around and say they want Alfonso Soriano too? Are they on crack? And then, they turn around and trade him to Boston for a bunch of donkey crap (or at least nothing of note.)
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards 3B Carpenter signs $52 million deal
- Royals name Shields as Opening Day starter
- Cardinals' Garcia to see Dr. Andrews again
- No extra replay in place for Australia games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's New York Yankees Navy Shine V-Neck T-Shirt
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog