Columbus sophomore reaching milestone
At his current pace, Rick Nash will become just the third teenager in NHL history to reach the half-century mark.
The 19-year-old splendid sophomore would join Wayne Gretzky (51 goals in 1979-80 with Edmonton) and Jimmy Carson (55 goals in 1987-88 with Los Angeles) in the record books. Nash is neither a Gretzky nor a Carson, but his biggest challenge will be to prove he can maintain his level of play for many years and not burn out before he's 30 as Carson did.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Phaneuf suspended for hit on Bruins' Miller
- Rangers confirm Staal sustained concussion
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Columbus Blue Jackets Viper Blue Performance Jacket