Plummer needs to regain early season form
Clinton Portis is in top form, but the Broncos will need more from QB Jake Plummer during the stretch run.
In the win, Clinton Portis was fabulous, carrying the ball a career-high 34 times for 170 yards and two touchdowns. But the chances of Denver reaching the postseason depend less on the legs of Portis and more on the arm of Jake Plummer.
Not that the Portis doesn't have the ability to carry Denver's offense. He's the only Broncos player with more than 100 carries to average more than five yards per rush, and yes, that includes Terrell Davis. His 1,234 rushing yards place him fifth in the league, although he's missed one game and parts of other with varying injuries.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Denver Broncos Sports Authority Field at Mile High Photo Mint