Size really does matter in the NBA
Five weeks into the regular season NBA Insider Chad Ford has discovered two truths: size really does matter and one bad deal can sink an entire franchise.
No. 1: If you want to be a top 10 team, you better have a serviceable-to-dominant big man to play somewhere in the paint.
No. 2: Buyer beware. Of the 10 worst teams in the league, all of them are suffering the effects of a bad contract or trade gone sour. All of them.
Insider breaks down the most intriguing story lines from Week 5, including that reign of big men, an astounding number of good deals gone bad, and the latest on the Bulls-Raptors junk swap.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.