Are the Raiders forming a new identity?
With Rick Mirer under center, the Raiders have turned to their deep running back corps to keep them in games.
The Raiders were fresh off a trip to the Super Bowl, and with their roster almost entirely back, they expected big things this year. But injuries, age and poor play have derailed the Silver and Black, and now they're lumped together with a slew of teams that are looking forward to next year.
But the question is, what does next year hold? Some of the most high-profile players are older than Methuselah, namely Rich Gannon. The soon-to-be 38-year-old quarterback is the point man for the Raiders' pass-happy offense and is nursing a bum shoulder that clouds his future.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Giants RB Wilson cleared for full practices
- Pettine: Manziel's behavior will be 'non-story'
- Retirees ask judge to reverse concussion ruling
- Favre not worried about boos at Lambeau
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Oakland Raiders Small Static Cling