Capitals might finally unload hefty salary
Jaromir Jagr has been on the block for about a year after failing to live up to expectations with the Capitals.
The Capitals are talking with the Rangers about a deal that would send Jagr to New York with Washington picking up as much as $20 million of the $44 million remaining on his contract after this season, according to the New York Post. No players were mentioned going to the Capitals and the Post reported that the Rangers haven't yet discussed which players they would trade for Jagr.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New York Rangers Two Pack Backseat Utility Mats