Capitals might finally unload hefty salary
Jaromir Jagr has been on the block for about a year after failing to live up to expectations with the Capitals.
The Capitals are talking with the Rangers about a deal that would send Jagr to New York with Washington picking up as much as $20 million of the $44 million remaining on his contract after this season, according to the New York Post. No players were mentioned going to the Capitals and the Post reported that the Rangers haven't yet discussed which players they would trade for Jagr.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New York Rangers Royal Sheen Tote