Capitals might finally unload hefty salary
Jaromir Jagr has been on the block for about a year after failing to live up to expectations with the Capitals.
The Capitals are talking with the Rangers about a deal that would send Jagr to New York with Washington picking up as much as $20 million of the $44 million remaining on his contract after this season, according to the New York Post. No players were mentioned going to the Capitals and the Post reported that the Rangers haven't yet discussed which players they would trade for Jagr.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Red Wings roll, keep Kings winless on road
- Leafs' Lupul has broken hand; out indefinitely
- Canucks' Burrows gets 3-game ban for late hit
- Family: Howe recovering after serious stroke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's New York Rangers Brad Richards #19 Blue T-shirt