Toronto finally playing up to potential
Mats Sundin and other Maple Leafs veterans such as Owen Nolan and Gary Roberts are finally making a difference.
- For the past two games at least, Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Pat Quinn appears to have found his team.
During Toronto's six-game Western road swing reports swirled that Quinn had "lost the team" and players were hoping he'd be fired. It didn't help that the Leafs were 0-2-2-1 before ending the skid with a 5-3 victory at Vancouver.On the second half of the home-and-home series with the Canucks, the Leafs (9-6-5-2) won 2-1 to solidify their hold on sixth in the Eastern Conference with 25 points, four points behind league-leading Philadelphia.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars honor Cup hero Modano, retire jersey
- Caps score 3 times in 3rd, rally past Coyotes
- Lupul nets OT winner as Leafs defeat Flyers
- Smith lifts Bruins past Lightning in shootout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Toronto Maple Leafs Blue Dream T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs