Surfing champ Andy Irons may get more than he bargained for when little bro Bruce joins the tour
Originally Published: November 24, 2003By By Chris Smith | ESPN The Magazine
- Never mind that Andy Irons is the reigning world surfing champ. Forget that Bruce Irons is brimming with the sweet satisfaction of finally having earned the right to challenge Andy on the pro tour. Doesn't matter if they're in Tahiti or Australia, or here on a beachside Oahu back porch with an epic view of the Banzai Pipeline. The backdrop may change, but sibling rivalry never does. Bring the Irons boys together, and they're back on Kauai in their childhood bedroom, an 8'x8' shed built by their dad. And something's likely to get broken.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com