Gilbride's reputation taking hit
Kevin Gilbride was once considered an offensive genius, but his star has been on the wane since 1996.
He then took over as the offensive coordinator for the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars, and after a rough start he had the offense ranked second in total yards and tops in passing in only their second season. And his offense was the main reason the Jags reached the AFC Championship game in just two years.
It's fair to say that he peeked in 1996, because his star has been on the wane ever since. He got the head coaching job in San Diego but didn't last two seasons, and wound up as the Pittsburgh Steelers coordinator in 1999. But he was gone in two seasons after he couldn't get the Steelers offense moving and spent 2001 as an analyst because no one offered him a job.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's Buffalo Bills Club V-Neck Red T-Shirt