Allison finally close to return
LA got some good news regarding Jason Allison's recovery from the effects of three separate whiplash incidents.
Derek Armstrong, 30, was placed on the injured list and will miss up to eight weeks because of a broken ring finger on his left hand. The right-handed shooting Armstrong is having more trouble holding a stick because the break is in the joint of the finger.
Although Armstrong, who spent most of his 10-year pro career in the minors until last season, co-leads the Kings with six goals, there's no reason to expect a drop-off in the team's play. Los Angeles has been amazingly resilient this season, compiling an 8-6-1-1 record good for a seventh-place tie with Chicago in the tough Western Conference.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Veteran goalie Brodeur takes ice with Blues
- Ovechkin, Capitals stop streaking Islanders
- Bruins clip Jets on Hamilton's overtime goal
- Canucks romp as Miller blanks Blue Jackets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Los Angeles Kings Marina Heathered Black T-shirt