Allison finally close to return
LA got some good news regarding Jason Allison's recovery from the effects of three separate whiplash incidents.
Derek Armstrong, 30, was placed on the injured list and will miss up to eight weeks because of a broken ring finger on his left hand. The right-handed shooting Armstrong is having more trouble holding a stick because the break is in the joint of the finger.
Although Armstrong, who spent most of his 10-year pro career in the minors until last season, co-leads the Kings with six goals, there's no reason to expect a drop-off in the team's play. Los Angeles has been amazingly resilient this season, compiling an 8-6-1-1 record good for a seventh-place tie with Chicago in the tough Western Conference.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Injured Blackhawk Crawford out 3 weeks
- Phaneuf suspended for hit on Bruins' Miller
- Rangers confirm Staal sustained concussion
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Kings Black Succeed Quarter-Zip Jersey Fleece Pullover