Colts QB reaching new heights
With his performance against the Jets, Peyton Manning has edged Steve McNair in the MVP race.
McNair was at one time the league leader in passing yards, and has numbers that are off the charts. He's only thrown four interceptions, and though he's thrown the second-fewest passes of any quarterback that's played in all 10 games, that's still an unbelievably low number. Plus, he he's saddled by a ground game that without his contributions averages 2.9 yards per carry.
He also got credit for putting up his impressive totals with a capable receiving corps, but one that lacks top-drawer talent. Ad the fact that he's done most of his damage without tight end Frank Wycheck, and he seemed to have the inside track on Manning. But then came Sunday.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Vikes give Rudolph 5-year extension
- Hardy 'hates' being distraction for Panthers
- Cobb: Haven't done enough for new deal
- Jets' Milliner says he is NFL's best cornerback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Denver Broncos Peyton Manning Ultra Decal