Blackhawks, Isles talking trade?
Lou Lamoriello prefers to focus on the Devils' defense of the Stanley Cup instead of building the U.S. World Cup team.
- We didn't want you to miss out, so here are some interesting news and notes from around the NHL last weekend:
Big deal brewing between Isles, Blackhawks?
Depending on who you believe, the Chicago Blackhawks and the New York Islanders may or may not be working on a major trade.
After Blackhawks general manager Bob Pulford told Chicago reporters that he was in the process of negotiating a deal with the Islanders, New York GM Mike Milbury felt the urgency to try to squelch the rumors at least for the time being.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- St. Louis on trade: No time to be emotional
- Sabres ruin Stamkos return, Callahan debut
- Red Wings retire Lidstrom's No. 5
- Seguin has hat trick, 2 assists to lead Stars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Milan Lucic #17 Home Black Premier Jersey
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs