Philadelphia depending on old guard
Three talented veterans are a big reason the Flyers have a four-game winning streak.
- For the second consecutive game, the line of Jeremy Roenick, Mark Recchi and Tony Amonte had a hand in each goal of a Flyers victory as Philadelphia defeated the New York Islanders 2-1 Tuesday night.The unit that kind of fell together early in the season also had four points in a 2-1 comeback victory in overtime over the Rangers on Saturday. The three talented veterans are a big reason the Flyers (8-2-3-1) have a four-game winning streak and just one loss in their past seven.APThe Flyers' forwards have not contributed defensively.
"When you have three intelligent hockey players who are willing to work, good things happen," Hitchcock, whose Flyers sit atop the Atlantic Division with 20 points, one back of Eastern Conference-leading Boston, told the Philadelphia Daily News.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars honor Cup hero Modano, retire jersey
- Caps score 3 times in 3rd, rally past Coyotes
- Lupul nets OT winner as Leafs defeat Flyers
- Smith lifts Bruins past Lightning in shootout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Philadelphia Flyers Reversible Center Ice Collection Player Knit Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs