Capitals looking to unload contracts
Capitals players haven't shown many signs of breaking out, so any trades will only serve to dump salaries.
Poor crowds and reports of huge financial losses likely mean the team will not receive any significant help in getting back on track this season. Capitals players haven't shown many signs of breaking out of the doldrums, so with the season on the verge of looking lost, any trades will only serve to dump salaries.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks to retire Selanne's No. 8 this season
- Reports: Arbitration tense for Subban, Habs
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Washington Capitals Playoff Grey T-Shirt