Young forward proving Jersey tough
Two goals and an assist in his past two games have Mike Rupp performing more like the Devils expected.
After getting drafted ninth overall by the New York Islanders in 1998, Rupp went back into the draft and was taken in the third round (76th overall) by New Jersey in 2000.
It wasn't until his third pro season that Rupp finally played his first game in the NHL, but he made his rookie campaign memorable last season with the game-winning goal and two assists in New Jersey's 3-0 Game 7 victory over Anaheim in the Stanley Cup finals.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth New Jersey Devils Martin Brodeur #30 Home Red Replica Jersey