Guillen has room for improvement
Ozzie Guillen has never been afraid to speak his mind about White Sox management and he hasn't always been kind.
Here are what the writer's have to say about his hiring:
Ron Rapoport of the Chicago Sun-Times heralds the arrival of new manager Ozzie Guillen by lauding his enthusiasm for the game. He makes an interesting point, however, when he says, "I never bought into the idea that Jerry Manuel's lack of fire hurt the Sox. They're grown-up professionals and should be able to motivate themselves." This is not a great time to be taking over the White Sox, he continues, because the team is in rebuilding mode and the fans want to see results right away.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Houston Astros Quarter-Zip Silver Ice Pullover