Guillen has room for improvement
Ozzie Guillen has never been afraid to speak his mind about White Sox management and he hasn't always been kind.
Here are what the writer's have to say about his hiring:
Ron Rapoport of the Chicago Sun-Times heralds the arrival of new manager Ozzie Guillen by lauding his enthusiasm for the game. He makes an interesting point, however, when he says, "I never bought into the idea that Jerry Manuel's lack of fire hurt the Sox. They're grown-up professionals and should be able to motivate themselves." This is not a great time to be taking over the White Sox, he continues, because the team is in rebuilding mode and the fans want to see results right away.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Dodgers' Scully will return for 66th season
- Eleven suspensions issued for Triple-A brawl
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Houston Astros Jose Altuve #27 Cool Base Home White On-Field Jersey