Buffalo back from brink of extinction
After losing its first two games by a combined score of 8-0, Buffalo has emerged as a playoff contender.
Saved from bankruptcy by new owner B. Thomas Golisano earlier this year, the Sabres (6-5-1) are tied with Toronto for fifth in the Eastern Conference with 13 points, three behind first-place Boston, heading into Monday night's action. After missing the playoffs for the past two seasons, management made a number of changes since the end of last season and placed expectations on the team to return to the postseason.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Buffalo Sabres Navy Xtra-Lite Pique Performance Polo