Buffalo back from brink of extinction
After losing its first two games by a combined score of 8-0, Buffalo has emerged as a playoff contender.
Saved from bankruptcy by new owner B. Thomas Golisano earlier this year, the Sabres (6-5-1) are tied with Toronto for fifth in the Eastern Conference with 13 points, three behind first-place Boston, heading into Monday night's action. After missing the playoffs for the past two seasons, management made a number of changes since the end of last season and placed expectations on the team to return to the postseason.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Benn, Stars need OT for win in return to ice
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's Buffalo Sabres Dunhill Navy Polo