Mason, Jackson among favorites
Bobby Jackson has been destroying second string point guards for three years now.
- This story is not to be confused with my All Star Ballot. Nor my Hall of Fame submission. It's not even a list of my favorite players. Just came across these guys sitting on the bench when the opening horn sounded to start the 2003-04 NBA season and thought they'd make a decent starting five somewhere by themselves.
Troy Hudson (point guard): 14.2 points per game last year, 14.9 points per game in the playoffs (career)
Penny Hardaway (shooting guard): Four-time all star and three-time All NBAer with 60 playoff appearances.
Antawn Jamison (small forward): Has averaged 21.8 points per game over the last four years.
Robert Horry (power forward): Key component of five NBA Title teams.
Alonzo Mourning (center): All NBA credentials and two-time Defensive Player of the Year
But the truly amazing thing is that I didn't even need to place any of them on the list below of early candidates for Sixthman of the Year in no particular order.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Injury won't sideline Warriors' Curry vs. Mavs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index