Ferguson not ready to panic
Poor judgment and several errors by the Leafs has resulted in a two-game losing streak.
The Maple Leafs lost 5-3 at Buffalo on Thursday night to fall to 4-3-2-1 on the season and are tied with Ottawa for seventh in the Eastern Conference with 11 points, although the Senators have played two fewer games. Combined with a blown 2-0 third-period lead in Toronto's 3-2 overtime loss to Atlanta on Monday night, the citizens are almost ready to storm the Air Canada Centre.
They want changes now and they want rookie general manager John Ferguson Jr. to fleece the Washington Capitals out of defenseman Sergei Gonchar, albeit without giving up any of the few decent defensemen Toronto has in its lineup.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks to retire Selanne's No. 8 this season
- Reports: Arbitration tense for Subban, Habs
- Penguins sign forward Spaling to 2-year deal
- Goalie Lehner signs extension with Senators
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Toronto Maple Leafs Team Logo Blue T-Shirt