Islanders can't escape trap
The Devils dismantled the Islanders by clogging the neutral zone and waiting patiently for offensive chances.
Only now that the Islanders are using a version of the neutral zone trap made famous and successful by the defending Stanley Cup champion Devils, New York still can't beat 'em. New Jersey knocked off New York 4-0 Tuesday night on Long Island to extend its unbeaten streak against the Islanders to 5-0-1 in the past six games.
The Devils showed the Islanders how it's done right while clogging the neutral zone and waiting patiently for offensive chances. And most importantly, New Jersey had reliable play from the best goalie in the league to turn aside 25 shots.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New Jersey Devils Red Sheen Tote