Islanders can't escape trap
The Devils dismantled the Islanders by clogging the neutral zone and waiting patiently for offensive chances.
Only now that the Islanders are using a version of the neutral zone trap made famous and successful by the defending Stanley Cup champion Devils, New York still can't beat 'em. New Jersey knocked off New York 4-0 Tuesday night on Long Island to extend its unbeaten streak against the Islanders to 5-0-1 in the past six games.
The Devils showed the Islanders how it's done right while clogging the neutral zone and waiting patiently for offensive chances. And most importantly, New Jersey had reliable play from the best goalie in the league to turn aside 25 shots.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's New Jersey Devils Red Dodger Hoodie