Carlisle has several options at small forward
Does he start Ron Artest, the team's best defender and second-leading scorer? Maybe it should be Al Harrington, who has the size and athletic ability to be a star but just needs more experience. Or what about Jonathan Bender, the Pacers practice wonder boy who is seemingly on the verge of a breakthrough season every training camp? Or, maybe it's Austin Croshere, a Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle favorite, who's been steaming on the bench the past few seasons waiting for revenge.
How does Carlisle balance that depth? It looks like he'll split the difference, throw Artest and Harrington in the starting five and bench a healthy, but aging Reggie Miller at the two.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Pacers Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt