Carlisle has several options at small forward
Does he start Ron Artest, the team's best defender and second-leading scorer? Maybe it should be Al Harrington, who has the size and athletic ability to be a star but just needs more experience. Or what about Jonathan Bender, the Pacers practice wonder boy who is seemingly on the verge of a breakthrough season every training camp? Or, maybe it's Austin Croshere, a Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle favorite, who's been steaming on the bench the past few seasons waiting for revenge.
How does Carlisle balance that depth? It looks like he'll split the difference, throw Artest and Harrington in the starting five and bench a healthy, but aging Reggie Miller at the two.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
- Bulls officially sign Brooks to boost bench
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Pacers Resonate Navy T-Shirt