Brown finally rewarding Cleveland
Courtney Brown has been one of the better linemen in the league over the first six weeks.
And while some of those stories might be sexier, none is more substantial than the sudden emergence of defensive end Courtney Brown.
The Browns chose Brown with the first overall pick of the 2000 draft. At the time, there was an argument that they should have taken LaVar Arrington, but they went for his Penn State teammate instead. Their reasoning had merit, considering pass-rush defensive ends are such rare commodities, but some scouts questioned his ability to get to the quarterback consistently on the pro level.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Seahawks' Lynch to end holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Cleveland Browns Double Play Blanket