Goaltender's stock continues to rise
In two games Sean Burke has been near perfect, stopping 54 of 55 shots and leading the Coyotes to a 2-0 record.
- Any teams that believe they can pry Sean Burke from the Coyotes later this season should be warned: Make your best offer now because the Phoenix goalie's value will increase every game.
In two games Burke has been near perfect, stopping 54 of 55 shots and leading the Coyotes to a 2-0 record. Burke's play is no surprise, but victories over St. Louis and Anaheim have been for the rebuilding Coyotes.
"We've played well as a team in those two games, and I wouldn't say I've had to stand on my head," Burke told The Arizona Republic. "We've played with some real excitement and speed to our game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- St. Louis on trade: No time to be emotional
- Sabres ruin Stamkos return, Callahan debut
- Kings take 6th straight in Gaborik's debut
- Red Wings retire Lidstrom's No. 5
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Phoenix Coyotes Red Viper Performance Jacket
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs