Bears lack big-play ability
Former GM Randy Mueller tackles questions on the Bears' woes, Edgerrin James and Willis McGahee.
First of all, great article on finding the right fit. What is your assessment of the Bears (other than they stink)? What steps would you take to fix the team?
New York, N.Y.
I don't claim to have all the answers; that's for sure. I do think, however, the Bears have been hit with a bunch of injuries that caught them off guard. They don't seem to be very deep, and trading away people like Ted Washington and letting Rosevelt Colvin go just add to the problems. The lack of team speed would be another concern of mine as a whole. They have not made many big plays, on offense especially, that usually come with players who can run.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy clarifies comments on Rams' Sam
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Jerry says he, Giants discussed Fins scandal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Indianapolis Colts Clear String Bag