Vancouver sporting balanced attack
After two games in the young season, Vancouver's third line has carried the team to wins over Calgary and Edmonton.
- VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Some critics claim the Vancouver Canucks are a one-line team.
After two games in the young season, one line is again carrying the Canucks. But it's not the high-scoring Markus Naslund-Brendan Morrison-Todd Bertuzzi trio; it's the checking line of Matt Cooke, Trevor Linden and Magnus Arvedson.
In a 4-1 season-opening win over Calgary on Thursday night and a 3-0 victory over Edmonton on Saturday night, Cooke, Linden and Arvedson were arguably the most important threesome on the ice by helping shut down the top lines on the Flames and Oilers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
- Avs take fifth in 6 on Duchene's goal in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Vancouver Canucks Two Pack Backseat Utility Mats
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs