Vancouver sporting balanced attack
After two games in the young season, Vancouver's third line has carried the team to wins over Calgary and Edmonton.
After two games in the young season, one line is again carrying the Canucks. But it's not the high-scoring Markus Naslund-Brendan Morrison-Todd Bertuzzi trio; it's the checking line of Matt Cooke, Trevor Linden and Magnus Arvedson.
In a 4-1 season-opening win over Calgary on Thursday night and a 3-0 victory over Edmonton on Saturday night, Cooke, Linden and Arvedson were arguably the most important threesome on the ice by helping shut down the top lines on the Flames and Oilers.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Vancouver Canucks Ghost Watch