Vancouver sporting balanced attack
After two games in the young season, Vancouver's third line has carried the team to wins over Calgary and Edmonton.
After two games in the young season, one line is again carrying the Canucks. But it's not the high-scoring Markus Naslund-Brendan Morrison-Todd Bertuzzi trio; it's the checking line of Matt Cooke, Trevor Linden and Magnus Arvedson.
In a 4-1 season-opening win over Calgary on Thursday night and a 3-0 victory over Edmonton on Saturday night, Cooke, Linden and Arvedson were arguably the most important threesome on the ice by helping shut down the top lines on the Flames and Oilers.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Vancouver Canucks Two Piece Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mat Set