After walking away 15 months ago, Dominik Hasek is back -- for how long is anybody's guess.
Updated: October 12, 2003, 2:58 PM ETBy By Chris Smith | ESPN The Magazine
- It's the biggest vault in the small town of Pardubice. This is where Dominik Hasek locked his career away. The six Vezina trophies he won as the NHL's best goalie. The two Harts for being the league's MVP. The 1998 Olympic gold medal, which he won pretty much single-handedly for the Czech Republic. A boulder of a ring, souvenir of the sweetest victory of all, the Red Wings' 2002 Stanley Cup. It's all there, even the bulbous leather leg pads, catcher's glove, blocker and goalie mask he wore in his glorious single season with Detroit.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Source: Saints to cut veteran receiver Moore
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Garcia, again bitten by Blue Monster, takes 9
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com