White Sox hope to match Cubs success
Bartolo Colon wasn't the same pitcher last season, and may not be worth the kind of money he will seek.
Updated: October 10, 2003, 2:33 PM ETBy Jim Baker | MLB Insider
What a difference a couple of games makes. The Cubs are generating more press than a good-sized war while the White Sox wouldn't be generating any at all if they hadn't fired their manager, Jerry Manuel. Here's a Sox fan who is managing to look ahead in the midst of the Cubs media maelstrom:
- Jim: I was just wondering what you think the White Sox
will look like next year. Do you think the Cubs
current success will pressure GM Kenny Williams to
field a team that can compete not only for the
division, but also the American League? Also, what are
the chances of re-signing Colon and do you think they
have a chance to get Andy Pettitte or Greg Maddux?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Mariners agree with Hart, deal for Morrison
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Chicago Cubs 3-Stripes White T-Shirt